CHI Institute - Testimonials

User Reports*

"It is summer here in Sacramento, and a couple of weeks ago, I moved my water distiller from my kitchen to the top of my washing machine in my attached garage to keep the house from getting so warm (it takes 5 hours to distill 1 gallon of water). A couple of days ago, around noon, my water distiller was making a gallon of water, when I decided to do a load of wash. This meant having to move the distiller in the middle of the process, which I have never had to occasion to do. The distiller has a handle on the top, but the top detaches from the water reservoir. In my haste, I lifted the distiller using this handle, and in the middle of the move, the water reservoir disengaged from the part with the handle. The entire gallon of boiling water spilled directly on both sets of bare toes. I've never had anything hurt so much.

I had to take a minute to think, then went into the bathroom to run my feet under cold running water in the bathtub. For the rest of the day, I had to cover the burned area with ice wrapped in baggies. Whenever I needed to add more ice to the bags, I could hardly withstand the pain in the burned toes. Luckily, they did not blister nor did the skin come off. I took some time out at 5 p.m. to get on my CHI machine for 25 minutes. I could barely get through it. Then more ice for the rest of the night. I went to bed that night after taking some extra strength Tylenol, wondering how I was going to get to work the next morning, and if I could get to work, what shoes could I wear that wouldn't hurt me.

I slept soundly that night, and the next morning I woke in amazement to no pain, and I was able to go to work with strappy sandals. The area that was affected was still pretty red, though. What a miracle! The toes that were burned are now turning dark, and the skin around them will probably eventually peel, but not an inkling of pain."

Nanette, Sacramento, CA

"I was in the kitchen fixing dinner and had some pasta boiling in a pan. I took the boiling water and pasta off the stove and was emptying the water in the sink. The lid slipped and the boiling water covered the back of my left hand. As you can imagine, it was very painful. I was supposed to play golf the next day, but knew there was no way I could put a glove on or even hold the club. By this time not only was my hand very red, but also it was swelling up. I put ice on the top of my hand but it was too painful: I thought about my CHI machine. Because I couldn’t touch the top of my hand, I put the transducer on the palm of my left hand, and ran it through the 20-minute cycle twice. I let the transducer cool off and ran it one more time.

I waited about an hour and ran one more session, holding the transducer above the outside top of my left hand, not touching the hand. I couldn’t decide whether to call my golfing foursome that night and tell them I couldn’t play so they could call someone for a fourth. Finally I decided to wait until morning, knowing they would still have time to get a fourth in the morning. I went to bed. When I woke up, much to my amazement, my hand was not swollen, just a little pink and it was not sore. I got my golf glove and put it on, and took a couple of swings with my golf club. No pain! I was exuberated and shared the story on the golf course that morning."

Mary Ellen Martin, Mosinee, WI

"A 32 year old female diabetic quadriplegic with severe 3rd degree burn on left foot was seeking wound care from PT once a week. Wound was healing very slowly and had almost no positive change since August 2001. On February 21st, 2002 she came in for massage therapy. Her left foot was bandaged and very swollen up the mid calf. Used lymphatic massage tech on leg and QGM over area of burn (Mind). Also used QGM over navel and heart area (Spirit) as well as cranio-sacral tech to relax the diaphragm and intestinal area.

2nd visit, March 13th, used the same protocol. Her husband was excited. Wound starting to close from around 6 cm to 4 cm then after 2nd visit to 2cm (I have never seen wound as it has been under bandages). Digestive tract worked well on its own for 3 days after 1st session and she slept much better. Wound nearly closed saving the foot from possible amputation or skin graft."

Shelly Hitz, LMT, Shelley, ID



Back to top

Back to Testimonials

Like to add your user report to this page? Click here